STEPS Online Learning Platform
STEPS are leading the way…
The Online Learning Program focuses on teaching young adults living with disability independent living skills for a life of their own design. The NEW online program provides a holistic approach to learning independent living skills with a curriculum-based service covering five key areas of learning.
Students are free to choose from topics that include:
- Home Living Skills – understanding your home environment
- Kitchen & Food Preparation Skills – health & safety in the kitchen, options for food shopping, as well as an online cooking class
- Healthy Living Skills – body language & conflict resolution
- Real Life Skills –managing stress & operating in an environment of change
- Numeracy, Literacy & Technology for Life – understanding digital reputation
The program is interactive and includes a combination of online classwork, group discussions and project-based activities to enhance the participants’ learning. The online learning program will now be a permanent offering for participants Australia-wide.
STEPS welcome regional students to engage with the course to inhibit the chances of social isolation. Class sizes are delivered at a level where all participants have the opportunity of contributing and progressing at a similar pace.
If you or someone you support would like to commence in the program, or would like further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch. It’s a simple application process and we have staff on board to help with the setup.
Now taking enrolments
STEPS Pathways College - Anne & Ari's Story
Weekly online course outline:
- Monday: Home Living Skills
- Tuesday: Kitchen Skills & Nutrition with some live cooking courses
- Wednesday: Healthy Living Skills
- Thursday: Real Life Skills
- Friday: Numeracy, Literacy and Technology for Life (Budgeting & Cyber safety etc.)
- A device (desktop computer, laptop, iPad/tablet, phone)
- Email address