STEPS PATHWAYS COLLEGE – SUPPORT TRAINER
- Assist with training to develop independence in young people with a disability
- Afternoon / Evening, Weekend Training Shifts and Sleep Over shifts available
- Do you have experience training within the youth/disability sectors? No accreditation required!
STEPS Pathways College is an innovative Training College with a learning module designed to develop independence for people living with a disability.
An exciting opportunity is now available for Casual On-Site Trainers to work in their Young Adult Student Training College. Shifts are allocated across a 7 day roster, with Afternoon / Evening, Sleep Over and Weekend shifts available commencing immediately.
Delivering a holistic and student focused approach, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the delivery of learning activities by providing guidance, mentoring and support to the students
- Work in accordance with behavioural management plans and guidelines
- Apply a risk management approach to dealing with student behaviours and monitor and report on any incidents that may occur
- Guide the students with learning food preparation skills, following recipes and preparing meals
- Accompany students on community based outings in order for students to gain social skills and experience
- Undertake activities with students that will promote student learning and improve independence
- Work one-on-one with students who requires additional assistance
- Organise and assist students with extra-curricular activities of the students choosing
- Work without constant supervising, maintain confidentiality and adhere to WHS and risk management policies and procedures
- Work within a team, following the direction and style of the college training methods
To be considered for this opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- Relevant Certificate Qualification (e.g. Disability or Mental Health) or equivalent experience is highly regarded
- Recent working or experience within your family of a person with a disability
- Experience within Special Education Schooling is highly regarded
- Experience with complex behaviours is mandatory
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate is desirable but not mandatory
- Have a polite, flexible, patient and mature manner
Applicants must also have a Driver’s Licence, hold or have the ability to hold a Working with Children’s Card and Yellow Card, be able to apply and pass a Criminal History Check and be able to provide at least two reference checks
What’s in it for you?
Work with a unique educational program who are passionate about making a difference by providing opportunity and are dedicated to providing students with a pathway towards independence. If you feel you hold the right skills and experience, please apply now for immediate consideration.
To apply, please call 1300 110 444 or upload your details here.